Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dreamworks -- From the Eyes of a CCMer

(From Mike Gallardo -- CCM 3D Animation Intern)

Well what can I say. I and about 20 others went to Dreamworks Animation and it was great.

I felt like a little kid and at the same time I felt I knew a lot of how it works out there. The Studio was top of the line And they had a huge pond with koi in it and they also had the Dreamworks logo made out of a bush. They also had Po from Kung Fu Panda standing about 10 feet tall in there lobby.

So it was a lot and we got to see a few things of there up coming flicks. Like Monsters Vs. Aliens, How to Train a Dragon, and Shrek Goes Forth! It was amazing! But enough of all that. Where does God fit into this all.

Well when we were at Morro Bay. I asked a few questions and that was before I knew we were going to Dreamworks. I asked: where am I going with this 3D stuff? Do I need to come out to LA? Is Dreamworks a place to go?

Those were a few. And God answered every one of them when I found out we were going to Dreamworks! And, when we were at Dreamworks, God showed me: yes 3D is for you Mike. And Animation is what you need to put your soul into. And He said yes to LA and WAY yes to Dreamworks.

And I was like how does God do that I wasn’t really looking for an answer soon but it was bam bam BAM!

One of the other CCMer's Aunt works at Dreamworks as a Layout Supervisor. And it was great what she had to share. And she was a big part of what God had to say to me. She hit many things that answered my questions and it was great to talk with a 3D person in the biz. She also hooked us up with an Animator that has worked on The Bee Movie and Monsters vs Aliens. It was great to hear from him and here about animation my biggest passion. God showed me many thing in only a few hours and I was all ears.

To say the least I think I know where I am going but I still have a lot of work to do and I still have a journey I need to take I think before I find my self in Dreamworks.

END…

No comments: